Saturday, February 11, 2012

Art in Motion

"And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden." (Genesis 3:8)

The more I study God's Word the more I'm struck with the simple truth that He knows what He's doing. Nothing has caught Him by surprise, everything is going exactly as He planned it. May I boast on this for a moment?

My God created angels knowing Lucifer would rebel. He created Eden knowing it was only a temporary home. He created the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil knowing its fruit would be eaten. He created Adam and Eve knowing they would sin. He came as a man knowing He would be killed, and His people are dying every day to His eternal glory. We've had earthly kings that, for good or ill, maintained they were chosen to rule by the Divine - but my God is the only Divine King. He chose Himself to rule. My God invented death and then beat it. He knows the beginning from the end because He's there and if given the opportunity to do it all over again He wouldn't change a single thing.

I find tremendous comfort in this - that my God is never caught off-guard. When my day is horrible, when I have no work, when I read the news about so many depressing things going on around me I rest in Him and His Word, confident that the worst my enemy can do is kill me and my God will just turn that right around.

He's such an Artist like that.

~~JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment