Saturday, June 11, 2011

Some Changes...

First off - apologies for not updating the blog more often. For those of you who haven't heard already I (Will) started a second job a couple weeks ago. I trained on First Shift for a while and Lisha ran the register, but now I've been turned over to Second Shift. The new Summer Hours to allow for this, and for the decreased summer customer counts, are:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10am until 2pm.
As always, you can phone or e-mail us about special orders which we generally place on Tuesdays.

Secondly - I completed the Way of the Master series at our church last week. It's an evangelism program designed by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron to help folks get out of their comfort zones and start sharing the Gospel. It was convicting to say the least! While I tend to think their method may not apply in every situation the underlying principals are sound. As Ray says repeatedly, we "Bypass the mind, the place of the intellect, and speak the law of God straight to the heart, the seat of the conscience." I went out and shared with a few people before the parade in Jaffrey last week and I truly enjoyed it. God's Word never returns to Him void, but if it doesn't get out in a timely manner because of our apathy for a lost and dying world that's not good!

Lastly - Keep your eyes peeled for God's plan to unfold real soon! Not that it ever isn't, and this isn't a "Rapture Warning" or anything, I'm just saying to be on the lookout for what He's about to do. I have the privilege of meeting and speaking with so many people in the area about what the Lord is doing in their lives, and I'm convinced He's up to something big. Not that He ever isn't, but it's just a general sense in my spirit that He's got something really awesome planned for the Monadnock area. One of the cool things about being the Creator is that when we ask for a reason as to why He might do something, He's totally justified in replying, "Because I want to." And that's good enough!

~~JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment