Friday, July 22, 2011

Erasing Hell, Chapter Three

Erasing Hell, Chapter Three
"Surely Jesus backed away from these terrifying images and emphasized the love of God when talking about the judgement day. Right?"

Chapter three gets closer to the core issues of the conversation, and Chan is certainly taking his time to build up some solid foundation. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever get to the point though - this chapter is essentially chapter two but instead of His contemporaries, Chan lays out what Jesus Himself said about Hell. Frankly, there's not much to review since it's mostly just verses and clarification. I like how he ends the chapter though, and it hints at the possibility of some big guns on the horizon: "Don't get so lost in deciphering that you forget to tremble." Now that's what I'm talking about - let's tremble!

Well... I read ahead. I couldn't help myself really, I'm just not used to reading only a chapter a day of any book. When I'm on a roll I want to keep rolling, so I'm currently somewhere in chapter 5. We're getting there, and I'll post up a review tomorrow of chapter 4, though if I had read ahead I would have probably reviewed the first 4 chapters together, since they are all so similar. I don't think a person should ever get bored reading about Hell.

~~JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment